Entry constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules and Regulations.
How To Enter The Promotion: During the Leaving Comments Period, like the post, tag two people who might be interested in this event in the comments, and subscribe to the TaxDome Facebook page.
By submitting comments ("Entries") for consideration, you confirm that you have read and accept these Official Rules and Regulations. To be valid, entries are subject to all Entry Requirements set forth herein; see Rule #3 below for Submission Requirements. By submitting an Entry, you hereby warrant and represent that your Entry conforms with the Entry Requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Requirements: The following guidelines set by the Sponsor must be followed for each Entry:
(i) Entry must not contain profanity or vulgarity;
(ii) Entry must be in English;
(iii)The Entry must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, incorporate any elements of entries submitted by other entrants;
(iv) The Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory towards any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or be profane or pornographic or contain nudity or any inappropriate content;
(v) The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about the Sponsor, Promotion Entities or their products or other people or products or companies;
(vi) The Entry cannot prominently feature trademarks, logos, copyrighted works or any intellectual property owned by others (including, but not limited to, music, photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images, published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) other than as owned by the entrant or as authorized by the Sponsor for use by entrants in connection with the Promotion;
(vii) The Entry cannot (at the sole discretion of the Sponsor) advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind other than the Sponsor’s, including, but not limited to, any of the Sponsor’s competitors, any of Promotion Entities’ competitors, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
(viii) The Entry cannot contain materials embodying the likenesses, voices or other indicia identifying any other person, living or dead, unless you have express permission from that person to use their likeness and performance in connection with the Promotion;
(viv) The Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which the Sponsor wishes to associate;
(x) The Entry cannot violate any law or otherwise be inappropriate; all as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by the Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. The Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Entry requirements set forth herein at its sole discretion. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is free and made without restriction, and will not place the Sponsor under any obligation, and that Sponsor is free to disclose the Entry and the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. By entering, you acknowledge that the Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. You acknowledge that the Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to the Sponsor, or developed by its employees or obtained from sources other than you.
By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to indemnify and hold Promotion Entities (as defined in Rule #2) free of harm from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, costs or expenses brought against or suffered or incurred by the Promotion Entities, or any of them, arising out of or in connection with the participation by the entrants in this Promotion or any breach by the entrants of the foregoing warranties. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and Regulations, which are final and binding in all respects.
(xi) The Entrant must be at least 18 or 19 years old depending on the majority age in the relevant province.
4. Promotion Prize Winners Determination.
Judging Criteria. Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: (a) a post relating to the Promotion must be 'Liked' by the participant; (b) the participant’s comment must contain a tag of two peers who might be interested in the Promotion; c) participant should be subscribed to the TaxDome Facebook page.
Participants Leaving Comments Period. Between Jul 25, 2022 and Aug 8, 2022.
Gathering Shortlist Period. Between Aug 8, 2022 and Aug 10, 2022. The Sponsor gathers all comments from different communities in one spreadsheet with the participants’ names and gives them a number so they can participate in the giveaway. More than two comments left in one group will not be counted.
Winners Announcement. On Aug 12, 2022 on the TaxDome Facebook page will host a live stream where the Sponsor will submit the numbers of the participants to https://www.random.org and the winner will be randomly chosen by Random.org online.
Prize (one ticket available for one person). The Prize Winner will receive one ticket $835 CAD to Ignite 2022 CPB Canadá on Sep 20 - 23, 2022, an electronic $100 CAD restaurant gift card and a live demo by the Sponsor's booth at the event.
The Prize does include any of the winner’s travel and/or hotel expenses.
6. How To Claim Your Prize. The Potential Prize Winner (Potential Winner) will be notified via email with instructions on how to be confirmed as a Winner and claim their prize. Once the message is sent, the Potential Winner will have 48 hours to respond. Before being declared the winner, the Potential Winner (or parent/legal guardian, where applicable) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, a W-9 form, a photo release form, and, where lawful, a publicity release, as well as any other documents required by the Sponsor, within five (5) business days from the time it is postmarked as having been sent by the Sponsor or its representative, or the prize may be forfeited and, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
Allow 1-2 days for the verification and forwarding by email of your Prize. Promotion Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a Prize for any reason outside of their control. Prizes will only be delivered to the verified Winner. Any unclaimed Prize will not be awarded. The Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address and/or telephone number of entrants.
7. Conditions of Entry. By submitting an Entry, each entrant grants, represents and warrants that the entrant has the rights and authority necessary to grant the Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, sub-licensable license and right to reproduce, transmit, display, comment on, edit, modify, alter, exploit, create derivative works based upon, combine with other works (and all copyrights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof), and otherwise distribute the Entry and all elements of the Entry (photos, videos made during the event), including without limitation in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission, notification, attribution or restriction from the Entrant or any third party.
8. By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor and/or Promotion Judges, made at their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. All issues of interpretation will be decided by the Sponsor. The decisions of the Sponsor and the judges are final and binding in all matters. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules and Regulations are subject to disqualification and all associated Entries will be void.
9. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete submissions of Entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures of Entry, etc.) and/or submission does not constitute proof of delivery. The Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeping device for this Promotion.
10. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant’s registration in the Promotion (and void all associated Entries) or entitlement to a prize, if, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair entry or playing practices (including any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process).
11. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of an entrant, such Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account corresponding to the Entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules and Regulations. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
12. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release the Sponsor, Promotion Entities, Meta, Inc., and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Promotion or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) to comply with all the rules; (c) that under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (d) all causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (e) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event will entrants be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees and court costs.
13. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Promotion’s Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard to New York or any other conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Kings County, New York.